UG & PG Courses at Odessa National Medical University
1. UG Courses
The medical student who wants to pursue a medical education in Russian medium other than English medium, for those students preparatory course is mandatory. The duration of course is 1 year /ss and during a course of study, subjects like physics, Chemistry & biology are taught in the Russian language.
Odessa National Medical University offers undergraduate courses in the following discipline:
- The university offers a 6-year medical course in General medicine taught in English/Russian/French medium.
- Preparatory course is obligatory for those students who adopt the medical studies in Russian medium.
- After completion of course, the degree awarded to medical students is ‘MD Physician’ which is equivalent to MBBS in India.
- The dentistry course at Odessa National Medical University is taught in the Russian language.
- The duration of course in 5 years with a 1-year preparatory course for foreign students.
- The university offers UG course in Pharmaceutics which is conducted in Russian medium only.
- Duration of course is 4 year plus 1-year preparatory course n Russian language.
2. PG courses
- Odessa National Medical University offers the PG courses in 91 specializations. Admissions to postgraduate courses at university are open and scheduled as per availability of seat.
- Postgraduate courses at Odessa National Medical University are taught in English medium.
- Basically, PG courses are the clinical training programs which are conducted in the hospitals.
The university offers the following postgraduate courses to foreign students:
Short term Advanced Certificate Course
- The duration of a course is 3 months to 12 months.
- Courses are taught in Russian as well as English medium in a respective specialization.
- The duration of a course is 2 or 3 years
- Courses are taught in Russian/English medium.
- Duration of course is years
- The course is taught in Russian medium.
MDS (PG Course in Dentistry)
- The duration of a course is 2 or 3 years.
- Course is taught in Russian/English Medium in the following specialization of dentistry:
- Pediatric Stomatology
- Surgical Stomatology/Oral Surgery
- Therapeutic Stomatology
M.Sc (Clinical Research)
- Duration of course is 2 years.
- Courses taught in Russian/English medium